Typical Thesis Topics Haifa
Thesis supervision in Haifa:
Students are expected to contact the supervisors and the supervisors are expected to respond within a reasonable time and meet the student for discussion during the local academic year unless they are unavailable for such a meeting. Supervisors have discretion whether to read drafts of the papers if the students ask them to do so.
International Intellectual Property and Innovation:
- The Propensity to Patent by Developing Countries
- Endogenous Growth Theory and the role of Intellectual Property
- The Political Economy of the TRIPS Agreement
- IP and innovation
Public International Law:
- The United Nations Security Council Voting Procedure: Empirical Findings
- Institutional Theory of the International Criminal Court (ICC)
Constitutional Law and Economics:
- The Rule of Law under Extreme Condition
Criminal Law and Procedure:
- Why doesn't Harsher Sentence Increase Deterrence - An Economic and Behavioral Analysis
- Comparative Economics of Plea Bargaining
- An Economic Analysis of Sentencing Guidelines
- Economic Analysis of Protection of Privacy in the Criminal Process
- Aggregate Concentration: What legal tools do we have to deal with it?
- Merger policy in developing jurisdictions
- The culture of competition in a specific jurisdiction and its effect on competition law enforcement
Other Topics in Bankruptcy Law, Corporations, Local Government, Privacy Law and Tort will also be considered.
"EMLE programme was a great opportunity to enrich my theoretical knowledge by fundamental principles of economics and learn new ideas in the field of law and economics.
Multicultural environment and chance to study at more than one university serves as additional and unique tool for learning different cultures and ways of thinking."
[EMLE Student 2009/2010]